The committee's primary responsibility is the protection of all New Hire Flight Attendants against contract violations, and to provide guidance to New Hires while on probation. As a New Hire Representative we:
- Assist with interpreting the reserve, scheduling and hours of service sections of the contract.
- Educate reserve flight attendants as to contract provisions applicable to reserve flight attendant status.
- Assist New Hires in the bidding process and how to manage their schedule.
- Monitor New Hires concerns on a local basis.
- Document, monitor, and follow up with new hire interactions and concerns
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers regarding reserve issues
- Work to actively educate Flight Attendants regarding the reserve section of the contract
- Answer Flight Attendant questions regarding reserve duty and help them to interpret the contract in accordance with guidelines set by the LEC and MEC
- Investigate and respond to Flight Attendant concerns regarding reserve assignments and Crew Scheduling compliance with contract language. Gather information and work with management to satisfactorily resolve each issue.
- Communicate any unresolved issues and/or potential contract violations to the Grievance Committee on members’ behalf
Why Would I Contact This Committee?
The Reserve Committee is available to help you with:
- Questions about Reserve duty
- Investigating and responding to concerns regarding Reserve assignments
- Coordination between Reserve F/As and the Inflight Crew Scheduling department